VLOOKUP Formula ?

zone709

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi i am using this below but i need to return Column C on Detailed_view. You can see ,1 this returns D, but i need to return C before D. I tried -1 but that doesn't work.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(@$D$8:$D$694, Detailed_View!$D$2:$P$395,1,0),"")

I have to get back on the Vlookup here for now. Still stuck on other one.

On the Lookup =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(@$D$8:$D$694, Detailed_View!$D$2:$P$395,8,0),"") I need to add if column E also on the Detailed_view has the word Monday in it then return line ,8

This works now if D on both sheet match. Then is returns line line,8 but i need to add if also column E matches on detailed sheet the word Monday. Then return ,8

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Two things
1) the formula in post#10 id not the one I used in your previous thread. ;)
2) Are you sure that you are using 2016 & not 365 as you would not get (or need) the @ sign in your formula in 2016.

Upvote 0
Post#10 is the last post on the 1st page, each post has a number at the right hand side of the post
1614276942624.png

Upvote 0
If i cant figure it out cause index match is a little hard for me because i kind of need to use it. Then ill have to add a small macro copying and pasting column D to column A then use the lookup function. Cause then i can start from A2 and work across to C to return instead of going backwards.

Upvote 0
If you look at your previous thread where you were concatenating to values, both of those values were extracted using an index match formula & that is what you need to use for this.

Upvote 0
ok yes i am just going back now and understand what you are saying. I just need to take one of the columns out. The last post i am returning 2 columns cause its first and last name

Upvote 0
I think i am close?

=IFERROR(CONCATENATE(INDEX(Detailed_View!$C$2:$C$300,MATCH(D8,Detailed_View!$D$2:$D$302,0)),")

Upvote 0
That's it :)
Although you can get rid of the concatenate function & it's best to have the same sized ranges
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Detailed_View!$C$2:$C$300,MATCH(D8,Detailed_View!$D$2:$D$300,0))

Upvote 0
Solution
That's it :)
Although you can get rid of the concatenate function & it's best to have the same sized ranges
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Detailed_View!$C$2:$C$300,MATCH(D8,Detailed_View!$D$2:$D$300,0))
Boom works. It took me a little bit to understand all this but makes sense now. Now my last thing i need on that Lookup ? I need to add to look at Column E for the word Monday. Should i stay on this same thread?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back