VLOOKUP Funtion within a User Form

bern494

Hi All
I have user form that I use to imput data in a worksheet from Job report forms from Engineers.
I want to put a text box with code on the user form which will read from a combo box on the user form (which will have a venue) and vlookup a code form a list in the workbook which include all venues along with there own code.
Hope this makes sense, basically some code on a user form to read from a combo box to give a code number.

Any help please

Bern

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Hi All
Due to the limited response to my query perhaps I can just try to explain further what I am trying to achieve.
In my user form I have a combo box (Venue) from which I can choose from up to a hundred different venues. Each of these venues has differing codes for pricing purposes. I.e. Birmingham is in code A or Southampton is a code C...

In another combo box (Band Code) I have a choice of call types i.e. A7 which is the venue code and the number of hours to respond.
There could be up to hundred venues which are all coded either A, B, C, D.

I would like a box to give me the code for that venue in a separate box so I can choose the appropriate code in the Band code
The code would read something like =Vlookup Venue, Codes, 2
But I cannot seem to implement it or where? (Codes being a list of venues and band codes in the worksheet)

Any Help please
Bern
:confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertocarrillom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back