Vlookup help

Jworley2

The cell and the column that I am matching on are formated as text (the data is alpha numeric). I am getting the #N/A error message on the vlookup formula even though I can visually see the data Cell that I am matching to in the column data is there. Any suggestions are appreciated

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
It might be useful to show some data on the forum.

But this used to get me every time

Check your data and see if there are any spaces at the front or after your sets of data

Steve

Upvote 0
Expanding on Steve's recommendation, try using the TRIM function on each of your lists by using a "helper" column alongside, and referring back to the original cell. Then select one formula list's cells, and copy | paste special | values. Repeat the process on the other list. If this won't fixit, then my last suggestion is performing a Find & Replace on each list. You will place the following character into the "Find" section: Hold down your ALT key, then (on the numeric keypad ONLY) type "0160" without the quotes, and release the ALT key. It will look just like a space, but it's not. In the "replace with" section, simply enter a space character, then click on "Replace All". That's it...I'm outta trix!
HTH... /s/ Larry

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back