Vlookup if formula

gazmoz17

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a workbook with 3 sheets: Control, List prices, Price List.

The control sheet is a list of inv item lines with a sales price column.

On my Control I wish to to have a column that identifies the type of price present on an invoice item line:

1. PL(Price ref simply present on Price List work sheet) ;these are custom prices per customer.
  2. SAGE(price matches lookup on List price work sheet) ; standard list prices.
  3. Bespoke (the above 1 & 2 don't apply) so the inv item price is random/custom.
=IF(VLOOKUP(@F3,'List Prices'!A:C,3,FALSE)-Control!J3=0,"SAGE",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D3,'Price List'!H:H,1,FALSE)),"BESPOKE","PL"))

Seems to work other than when both 1. & 2. apply I wish to return 1. "PL" & not "SAGE".

This scenario is when customer has a price list entry which is just the same as list price.....want to show yet despite this its a custom PL price. I think its the order of my if statement however I'm getting errors when trying to do the Price List argument first.

Any help much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I've never used the IF(ISNA function. The value if true to my logic should be "PL" & then "BESPOKE" but seems to only work the other way around.

=IF(VLOOKUP(@F3,'List Prices'!A:C,3,FALSE)-Control!J3=0,"SAGE",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D3,'Price List'!H:H,1,FALSE)),"BESPOKE","PL"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back