VLOOKUP & IF maybe???

mikvanoke

I have one worksheet that is constantly updated. I am creating new worksheets working off of the data input into the original (let's call the original WIP). The second worksheet (let's call this BILLING) is the one I need to build. Each person is to have their own sheets in BILLING and I want the information to be input automatically when WIP is updated. E.g. I am creating a BILLING sheet for DSH (the invididual's ID). I want that row that has DSH as the ID in column E to be replicated in BILLING for DSH. I don't need the entire row, just columns A,B & F replicated. If column E is someone else, I want it replicated in the appropriate sheet but to have nothing entered in DSH. Any ideas? Do I make any sense or am I babbling in Greek??? :confused:

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hello & Welcome to the board :biggrin:

In order for a Vlookup to work, you will need to define initials in a hidden table
Book4
EFGH
1InitialsInitials
2RMARMA
3NJANJA
Sheet1

In E1 on your billing sheet, enter

=IF(F2=VLOOKUP(E2,E:F,2,FALSE)=TRUE,VLOOKUP(E2,E:F,2,FALSE),"Error")

You could then, do vlookups on the other cells in the billing sheet, to populate these cells

Upvote 0
Obviously - The vlookup will over two documents, just adapt the vlookup to read from the other document

Let me know how you get on

Mark

Upvote 0
This is a sample of a vlookup from another network file

=VLOOKUP(A17,'P:\Mcr Tech Team\[Marlice September 06 Figures.xls]Sheet1'!$A:$V,6,FALSE)

Upvote 0
OK, first you'll need to build a table like the example i gave you, if this is not included in the document, the Vlookup has nothing to work from, therefore it needs to be present in the document

It can be hidden after

Are you familiar with Vlookup?

Upvote 0
OK, first you'll need to build a table like the example i gave you, if this is not included in the document, the Vlookup has nothing to work from, therefore it needs to be present in the document

It can be hidden after

Are you familiar with Vlookup?

Unfortunately - I am just going into a meeting - back around 2pm

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back