Vlookup in VBA errors

AllMB

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to run a Vlookup inside a VBA. I am trying to run a dynamic Vlookup with two changing variables that will pull the needed data with the other workbooks closed. The two changing variables are Month and Year. If there is a better way to do this I am open to suggestions.

I am new at VBA and learning as I go. Any help you can give with the code below would be great. The changing variables will help this spreadsheet be used for a long time and by many others besides myself. There are 6 others who will be using this spreadsheet.

The network drive path when the workbook is closed looks like this: O:\MVD\USERS\COOCFO-SHARED\Finance\Budget\FY 2019 Budget Resources\FY 2019 Position Control\January 2019\VTR Position Control January 2019

Dim ThisMonth As String
Dim TheYear As String
Dim ThisDivision As String

ThisMonth = Range("E2").Value
TheYear = Range("F2").Value
ThisDivision = Range("A121").Value

With Range("C126")
Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(A126,"'O:\MVD\USERS\COOCFO-SHARED\Finance\Budget\FY 2019 Budget Resources\FY 2019 Position Control" & "TheYear ThisMonth" & "\[" & "ThisDivision Position Control ThisMonth TheYear" & ".xlsx]Position Control'!$A$2:$B$2", 2, False)

End With
End Sub

It Worked!! Awesome. Thank you.

One more question if you have a minute.

I need to do this formula about 18 times in 18 different location on the spreadsheet with the only thing changing is the division name. I know how to put it in the formula in correct cell.
The question is: Do I redo the division range (ThisDivision = Range("A121").Value) before each vlookup or do I just name 18 variables in the beginning? I.e DivisionVTR, DivisionIAD, DivisionCID?

Thank you for your time on help me with this.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
If you are going to change the value for C126 to a new location for 18 times, couldn't you also reset the value for ThisDivision 18 times?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back