Vlookup, Index & Match - Grab values and compare

cybid

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings to all.
First of all, I am new to this forum and need the help of your excel knowledge.

I have a workbook with the Sheets: A, B, C. On the B sheet I am collecting data from sheet A, and trying to collect other data from sheet C. Since the VLOOKUP wont collect negative col_index_num, I am trying to find a solution with index and match formula, but can't manage it. I am posting 2 images to give a visual of my problem. If you need other info or more details, please let me know and maybe I can upload the document for you. As you can see on the image number 2 I need to collect data with blue circle- only the value next to the 'direct:' text.

Thnx in advance.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-a.JPG
    2-a.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 16
I wasn't following before because what you said didn't match the earlier example, but I can see what you mean now from the capture.

You could try using a 2 part formula like this, which will first check for Direct 4 rows above the code, if it is not found then it will check 2 rows above.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(WasteTOSHIBA!$P:$P,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(WasteTOSHIBA!$P$11:$A$300)/(A3=WasteTOSHIBA!$A$15:$A$304)/(WasteTOSHIBA!$L$11:$L$300="Direct:"),1)),IFERROR(INDEX(WasteTOSHIBA!$P:$P,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(WasteTOSHIBA!$P$13:$A$302)/(A3=WasteTOSHIBA!$A$15:$A$304)/(WasteTOSHIBA!$L$13:$L$302="Direct:"),1)),""))
As before this should work with the example provided, but given the layout of the source data, errors are to be expected.

If it doesn't work as needed this time, then I would suggest that you look to improve the data source.

Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I wasn't following before because what you said didn't match the earlier example, but I can see what you mean now from the capture.

You could try using a 2 part formula like this, which will first check for Direct 4 rows above the code, if it is not found then it will check 2 rows above.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(WasteTOSHIBA!$P:$P,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(WasteTOSHIBA!$P$11:$A$300)/(A3=WasteTOSHIBA!$A$15:$A$304)/(WasteTOSHIBA!$L$11:$L$300="Direct:"),1)),IFERROR(INDEX(WasteTOSHIBA!$P:$P,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(WasteTOSHIBA!$P$13:$A$302)/(A3=WasteTOSHIBA!$A$15:$A$304)/(WasteTOSHIBA!$L$13:$L$302="Direct:"),1)),""))
As before this should work with the example provided, but given the layout of the source data, errors are to be expected.

If it doesn't work as needed this time, then I would suggest that you look to improve the data source.
This one works as needed and is giving great results. I wanna thank you for your time helping me and it's been a great lesson.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back