Vlookup Index

cwallace70

Board Regular
I have this formula =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2,$A49),SUM(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$O$59,0,MATCH(A49,Sheet1!$A$2:$O$59,0))))/2
that I am trying to convert to vlookup instead of Countif. I keep getting an error message when trying to convert to vlookup Is that possible to do with vlookup? and not sure what to replace the SUM or MATCH with

=IF(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2),SUM(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$O$59,0,MATCH(A3,Sheet1!$A$2:$O$59,0))))

Attachments

• lookup tab.png
    lookup tab.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 9
  • main tab.png
    main tab.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 8
If it is returning 0 then it means that there is an empty cell in the result range where both criteria match.

The formula matches what you have described. Unless you post a visual example where the criteria and matching results can be clearly seen, there is nothing more that I can do.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
There are a couple of errors in the formula. Although less common I find it visually much easier to validate the formula if all the ranges pivot off the same top left hand corner cell.
Try this:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$O$59,MATCH($A3,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$59,0),MATCH(B$2,Sheet1!$A$2:$O$2,0)),"")

Upvote 0
There are a couple of errors in the formula
There are no errors in the formula that I posted.

edit:- yes there are. I noticed those last night and thought I corrected them before posting.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$B$3:$O$59,MATCH($A3,Sheet1!$A$3:$A$59,0),MATCH(B$2,Sheet1!$B$2:$O$2,0)),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back