Vlookup Indirect and Match function error

ct00010

Hi all,

I would like the formula to find the pricing across multiple tabs and the problem is the pricing column.

The pricing column is situated on a different column letter on each tab.

Would it be possible to replace the 1 from the formula to a match function? like the formula below:

=(VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),MATCH("Price",0)

I cannot work out a way to return a value when a the price column are situated in different column letters and tabs across the workbook.

Is there a solution to this formula please?

Thank you in advance

CT

felipemcandido

Your MATCH function is incomplete.

=VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),MATCH("Price",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A1:$Z1"),0))

And it is missing a parenthesis from VLOOKUP.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
@ct00010, Taking as reference the formula of @felipemcandido, If you want the exact search, 0 is missing at the end of Vlookup

=VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),MATCH("Price",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A1:$Z1"),0),0)

ct00010

@ct00010, Taking as reference the formula of @felipemcandido, If you want the exact search, 0 is missing at the end of Vlookup

=VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),MATCH("Price",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A1:$Z1"),0),0)
Hi all,

This doesnt seem to work.

Please find attached file.

https://filebin.net/6dcx70tz51r8uojc

I've changed the sequence from $A1:$Z1 to $A:$Z as some tabs are shown on different rows.

Still doesn't seem to work :(

ct00010

Hey Feli,

Thanks for the formula, I've modified it slightly to adhere to changes in row number and it doesnt seem to pick some of the info up.

Am I doing something wrong? Please see below for my test file of the formula.

https://filebin.net/6dcx70tz51r8uojc

Thank in advance

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
This part is to find the header in row 1.
It does not work to search in any row.

MATCH("Price",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A1:$Z1"),0)

You can do a test where on the sheet the header is in row 1.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try this

=VLOOKUP(C$3&"*",INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A:$Z"),SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&"*"&$B4&"*"&"'!$A1:$Z100")="Price")*(COLUMN(A:Z))),0)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

With the above formula you will look for the "Price" title in the range A1:Z100, it is not recommended that in this type of search you put column A:Z, increase 100 if necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syn_excel

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...