Vlookup Indirect?

fanboy

Board Regular
Hi all

I'm sure this is a pretty simple question but I cant seem to get my head round the answer.

I want to use VLOOKUP to search for values on various tabs in a workbook. I want the tab that is searched to be conditional on the contents of a cell on the summary tab. I have the following formula

=IF(BVA!O$13>0,SUMIF(BVA!$D:$D,'Spend v budget'!$B3,BVA!O:O),IF('CB May'!$J$4>0,SUMIF('CB May'!$H:$H,'Spend v budget'!$D3,'CB May'!$J:$J)-SUMIF('CB May'!$H:$H,'Spend v budget'!$D3,'CB May'!$I:$I),SUMIF('Cash forecast'!$B:$B,'Spend v budget'!$B3,'Cash forecast'!J:J)))

I want all references to 'CB May' to be whatever the contents of cell M1 are.

Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
well it's OK to use INDIRECT but it should specify the whole reference, not only the sheet name:
INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$J$4")

Upvote 0
If the data is in the same location on each tab I know this can be done (See Mr Excel on Youtube) Vlookup on multiple tabs

Seems that your formulas would work, just need to add the vlookup, but you are using SUMIF so I am not sure what your trying to use the Vlook up for.

Upvote 0
if your sheet tabs are consecutive, say sheet 1 through to sheet 3, you can reference them all in a formula by holding down the shift key after you've selected the data on sheet 1, then clicking sheet 3. in the below example the same datas housed in the same cells on the 3 sheets

Excel Workbook
C
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Yes thats what the video was about, multiple SHeets.

You can also create 2 tabs, Start and End tab, then any tabs inserted in the range will always be included.

=SUM(StartSheet:EndSheet!C2:C6)

Upvote 0
Just to make it clear for you:
=IF(BVA!O$13>0,SUMIF(BVA!$D:$D,'Spend v budget'!$B3,BVA!O:O),IF(INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$J$4")>0,SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$H:$H"),'Spend v budget'!$D3,INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$J:$J"))-SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$H:$H"),'Spend v budget'!$D3,INDIRECT("'"&M1&"'!$I:$I")),SUMIF('Cash forecast'!$B:$B,'Spend v budget'!$B3,'Cash forecast'!J:J)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back