vlookup macro or extract info?

jaypatel

Hi,

I have a database called invoices.xls, and i have about 20 opened spreadsheets at the same time (like B0011.xls, B0025.xls, C0036.xls etc).

The set up in the invoice file is like so:

col a is account number (like B0011) etc
col b is invoice number
col c is amount
col d is date

is it possible that a macro can say look at column a ie b0011, and whatever is on the same row for b0011 to extract to the spreadsheet b0011.xls

example,

a1 = D0011, b1 = Test1, c1 = 45.41, d1 = 28/05/03, so this b1-d1 is extracted to spreadsheet D0011.

a2 = G0123, b2 = test2, c2 = 452.87, d2 = 25/11/03, so b2-d2 is extracted to spreadsheet G0123

they should be extracted to named ranges.... so the invoice number is extracted to range "invoice", amount extracted to range "amount" and date extracted to range "date".

Jay

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
How have you set up your named range in the wb you want the data to be copied to? - If you have selected a range (say A1:A20) and named it, how is the new data going to be added is you have data in all of those cells.

It would be easier to add the data to the bottom of the column, what columns is you data in? i.e. invoice is in col. A, amount col. B etc.

Upvote 0
the range names are 1 cell in the workbook i want it copied..... ie cell called invoice in the target file is f43. so range name called invoice is copied to range name invoice in target file: orginal.xls!invoice to target.xls!invoice

Jay

Upvote 0
jaypatel said:
the range names are 1 cell in the workbook i want it copied..... ie cell called invoice in the target file is f43. so range name called invoice is copied to range name invoice in target file: orginal.xls!invoice to target.xls!invoice

Jay

I'm lost, can you post some data on the sheet and explain?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back