Vlookup/Match/Sum question

jkeyes

I tried searching for this but my queries didn't return what I needed...

Simply, I have an array 10 rows X 24 columns with column headers of the dates Jan-06 thru Dec-07 (as full dates). In the cells under these dates are just random numbers. I need to sum (by row) a select range of these cells based on a start date and X number of months out from that start date.

In a column next to the grid (Y) is the 'Start Date', e.g Jun-06, and in column Z is the number of months out I need to go, e.g. 6.

Col AA is where I would like to return, in this example, the values from F2:L2 (start date = Jun-06, and goes out 6 months from there to Dec-06).

Does this make sense? I'm fairly certain it involves some or all of the functions mentioned in the thread title, but my attempts so far have failed... Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Thanks for the reply Dan! I'm glad you thought I was clear, I was trying to be and it can be tough!

As for the formula, it works, except that it appears to be pulling the range I need plus one month on each end of the range. For example, based on my previous example, it's returning (summing) Jul-06 thru Jan-07.

It may be in how I converted to my actual data set, but I'm not seeing it... any other thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back