vlookup on 2 sheets for min or max date in an adjacent column

m09151014

Office Version
  1. 365
I have a workbook with 3 sheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) sheet1 has stores numbers in column A. Sheet2 and sheet3 also have store numbers in column A. I need it to find the store number in sheet2 or/and sheet3 for the store number in column A then give me the min or max date that corresponds with store number in column A in column E on sheet2 or sheet3. Is that possible?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Does each store only show up one time on each sheet?

Upvote 0
Maybe a picture would help explain a little better. This would be my end result... I don't know how to make it look at both sheets for the numbers and then to add in the Min or Max formulas. 1597255976076.png

1597255976076.png

Upvote 0
Can you please update your user profile so we can see what version of Excel you are using?
There is a new function that makes this much easier to do (MAXIFS), but it won't do much good to suggest it if you do not have it.

Upvote 0
Can you please update your user profile so we can see what version of Excel you are using?
There is a new function that makes this much easier to do (MAXIFS), but it won't do much good to suggest it if you do not have it.
Updated, I have O365, I have researched the MAXIFSs but, I just can't get it I guess.... THANKS for your help!

Upvote 0
Updated, I have O365, I have researched the MAXIFSs but, I just can't get it I guess....
I can get the MAXIFS one to work. For a value of sheet 1 in row 3, this formula seems to work:
=MAX(MAXIFS(Sheet2!E:E,Sheet2!A:A,Sheet1!A3),MAXIFS(Sheet3!E:E,Sheet3!A:A,Sheet1!A3))

MINIFS seems to be a bit more challenging, as when it is not found, it is returning a zero.
However, if what you say here is really true:
No stores can be on each sheet multiple times. But they will not be on both sheets.
Then we could to this (for an entry on Sheet1 in row 3):
=MINIFS(Sheet2!E:E,Sheet2!A:A,Sheet1!A3) + MINIFS(Sheet3!E:E,Sheet3!A:A,Sheet1!A3)

But I see that "3" appears in column A on both Sheets 2 and 3 in your example.
Not sure if that is a typo, or what you said about the number won't appear on both sheets is incorrect.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back