Vlookup or similar formula on range between columns

ks49506

Greetings -
I've seen a few questions get close but return what I am looking for but not exact.
I have a sheet with ranges of zip codes, columns A and B, and a transit time in C. So if a zip code is found in A, B or between then the transit time is C. A zip code not found in A, B or between it is not serviced.

Start ZipEnd ZipService Days

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have a lookup sheet to get the transit time for the zip code plugged in by a user.
Destination ZIPTransit
49506(Return)

<tbody>
</tbody>

If the zip codes is not serviced (it is not in column A, B or between) then the return should be Blank or "Not Serviced" (whatever is fine). I'll probably write an IfError formula around it.

I've tried =IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B6,Sheet1!A:C,3,TRUE),"") but is returning results for zip codes that are not covered in A, B or between.
For example, if I type in 14023, it returns "1" when 14023 is not listed or in a range.

I have non-tech savvy folks using this sheet - I would rather not use an array.

Thanks for the help!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Code:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(B6>=Sheet1!A:A), --(B6<=Sheet1!B:B), Sheet1!C:C)=0, "Not Serviced", SUMPRODUCT(--(B6>=Sheet1!A:A), --(B6<=Sheet1!B:B), Sheet1!C:C))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Double dash makes the Boolean value in the parenthesis numeric. For example, if the value of "B6>=Sheet1!A:A" is True then it converts to 1. And it converts False to 0.
If you are getting error, please make sure the ranges and the sheet names are correct and you don't forget any parenthesis.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back