Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hoping someone can help.

Got a raw data spreadsheet with monthly call quality data for each colleague . Column B contains period e.g. P10, P11..... Column contains colleague names ( non unique) as each colleague can have up to 5 entries per period.

Need to be for each colleague identify the 1st , 2nd, 3rd ....occasion so i can identify which period and call with results in column A e.g. P10 Call 1, P10 Call 2 , P10 Call 3. I'll be combining this colleague names for a helper column so I can perform multiple VLOOKUP on 2 values , which I have already done . Just need a formula to identify Call number for each colleague which at present I'm doing manually.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
For clarity, what I need to be able to do is for each colleague and period I need to identify the 1st,2nd and 3rd occasion and name them accordingly e.g. call 1 , call 2 and ideally have period number as well e.g. P10 Call 1, P11 call 3. If this is too complex as long as I can identify call number for each colleague I can combine the period column with the call number column for the multiple VLOOKUP I need

Upvote 0
Two things that might help:

1. I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

2. MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back