VLOOKUP Several sheets VBA

AJ12345

Hi.

I have a VLOOKUP-problem I hope you guys can help me with:

The input:
1) I have several worksheets in a workbook. Each worksheet is representing a project with financial figures. There is about 100 projects, so there are about 100 worksheets in the workbook. The names of the worksheets are a specific project number (1000,1001,1002.... 1100). All worksheets are designe equally - that is, they look sismila. In column A; I have different financial posts (e.g. revenue, costs of labour, direct material, etc.) All these posts have a number (accounting number). In row 1, I have predefined all the months in the duration of the project (e.g Jan14, Feb14, Mar14 ... etc).

2) Each month the projects needs to be updated. As the time passes on, the matrix between row 1 and column A will be filled with actual finacial figures per project.

3) Each month I receive actual financial information in three columns in a inbput worksheet. In column A the project number, column B: the financial post number and column C: The figure.

The challenge:
What I need is a macro that I can run once a month. I need to be able to select wich month in a predefined drop down cell, and run the macro.

The macro should copy the figures from the input sheet, and pastes the information in the correct column for the correct project (worksheet). For instance; Jan14 is in column B in all projects (worksheets). It would be great if i just could select "Jan14" from the drop down menu, and then the macro runs a lookup in column B in all of the 100 worksheets. The nexth month the macro should (by the choosing of Feb14) run the same lookup in column C for all worksheets. The lookup should be able to recognize the project number (so correct revenue is linked to correct project in correct spreadsheet) as well as correct financial post (correct line in the correct column).

Plase help

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back