VLOOKUP / stable text + variable text

marek256

Good morning to everybody.
I am new here and I decided to ask you for help because I have been looking for a solution for more than a week with no success.
I work as a intermodal international dispatcher. I have a lots of work to do so I need to save my time.

Problem is that I have a sheet with all information called: adresy (addresses in English)

I have a sheet called for example: "IM-VIE-0-DS"

This sheet is completely set and ready for print. There is a cell "B7" which I need to assing the value from vlookup.

Now the problem is that all my notes start with "loading at customer / " and after this quoted sentence, the text is variable, such as SECOP ZM, CC on place or "UMC Dubnica, CC Solved" etc etc.
I would like to know if there is a chance to set the vlookup formula to search after the text "loading at customer /" and assign the value from "adresy" sheet.

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
To search WHAT after after the text "loading at customer /"? And what must happen when the search is successful?

Upvote 0
Hello,
I am sorry it is probably too difficult for me to explain, so I stripped a part of the table and upload it.
It has only two sheets. One is adresy, where the source information are and second is IM=VIE-DS
Adresy contains column A with "keywords" and columns B,C,D,E,F,G with information which should be vlooked up in the sheet IM=VIE-DS
In this second sheet I have a prepared information which I print and these information are copied from the table from columns M-AA These information are from other excel file which is shared in company.
Now the most important cell is W5 where the information "loading at customer /" is stored.
In this sheet there is a cell D27 which I have already prepared. If I write there "Areal TJ Slovan Zbehy", it will return values from "adresy" sheet in 6 various cells (E27, E29, E31...).
I would like to know if there is a chance to replace my writing by extracting the keyword from cell W5, I mean a various text after text: "loading at customer /" and before text ",CC Done" which is always the same

I hope I was clear now

Zippyshare.com - Adresy+Objednavky+Instrukcie.xls

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back