Vlookup stopped working after 3+ weeks of successfully working and won't work no matter what I try

keg6000

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
So I am completely stumped. I've been successfully working on this spreadsheet over 2+ weeks and as of last Friday, vlookup and all other functions in the spreadsheet worked great. Whatever name I chose from the dropdown in D20-D28, vlookup would return the corresponding number from C3-C15. My company computer did an auto update and restarted over the weekend. I came back to work, loaded the doc and the vlookup hasn't worked since. I've tried resaving in different formats, I've tried recreating the formula in another, completely new doc with no copying and vlookup still didn't work. I also tried running the Office Repair tool and vlookup still isn't working. I also tried running it with the IFERROR and without it, it actually worked for a second right after changing the formula and then broke when trying to carry the formula down and I haven't been able to get it to work again since.
I don't know what I am missing at this point. I was successfully running vlookup for 2+ weeks prior to this so I am really stumped.
Thanks in advance for any advice you have on this and please LMK if you need anything else to help shed some light on what might be happening.

Attachments

• ExcelCapture.PNG
    ExcelCapture.PNG
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
That sounds like you have calculation set to manual.

Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back