Vlookup using external workbook as Table Array

haybie

Hello. I have got incentive reports and every month we get spread sheet of data. I need to Vlookup certain datas e.g checking if there is any new users in the report. All the master files have the same title of "3 digit number" INCENTIVE REPORT. I have come up with this formula the highlight in bold is the Vlookup part: Sub Username_Check()

Dim LR As Integer
LR = Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Range("C2:C10000").Select

Selection.Replace What:=" ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

On Error Resume Next

SheetName = InputBox("Specify a filename", "Filename")
If SheetName = "" Then Exit Sub

Columns("D:D").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
Range("D2").Select

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'[" & SheetName & " INCENTIVE REPORT.xlsx]user summary'!R7C4:R1000C4,1,FALSE)"
Range("D2").Select

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=[" & SheetName & " INCENTIVE REPORT.xlsx], Type:=xlExcelLinks doesn't seem to do anything

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D2:D" & LR)

Range("D1").Select
Range("D1:D" & LR).Select

Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveSheet.Range("D1:D" & LR).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="#N/A"

'Columns("D:D").Select
'Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True

End Sub. The problem that is occurring is that it doesn't automatically find the file. I have to still update the values and select the files twice. It is on a sharing drive S:\Sharingfolder\Programfolder\Program. Is there to amend it so it does it automatically? Any help will much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newaqua

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...