pure vito

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have imported data onto my workbook from the web I have two questions,

The first issue in regards to the first image, what is the most efficient way to take the information from the data sheet into my Base set sheet, here I believe I'm using a cell reference would this be a less consuming formula than say a Vlookup?

The second issue also in the first image is when highlighting the values in column H I am not get the value sum, at some point I would like to calculate these values with formula but it doesn't seem like I can do that any ideas? the values are taken from the table in the second image displaying the web data,

As always your help and time is valued and thanks for your continued support 🙏

1676616577432.png

1676616607248.png

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
If you are having trouble adding up numbers in Excel, it is possible that the data you imported is in text format instead of numeric format. One way to fix this is by converting the text to numbers. You can do this by using the SUBSTITUTE function to remove any non-numeric characters (such as the dollar sign) and then adding a zero to ensure that the result is treated as a number. For example, if the cell containing the text is A1, you can use the formula SUBSTITUTE(A1, "$", "")+0 to convert it to a number.

Upvote 0
Solution
@AlanY That works perfectly, I did find multiple solutions and answers online leading to the same issue the data being in text form but none had a solution like yours thank you very much for your assistance it's very much appreciated :giggle:

Upvote 0
@AlanY That works perfectly, I did find multiple solutions and answers online leading to the same issue the data being in text form but none had a solution like yours thank you very much for your assistance it's very much appreciated :giggle:
you're welcome

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back