VLOOKUP when the Event in PIVOT table change

AndersNOR9

Hi, I'm making a financial scorecard in excel and are making a sheet called database to get the data from different sources. I'm getting cost data (actual and budgeted) from a Pivot table in a different workbook. I've used VLOOKUP to find all the values for actual, but the problem is that to get budgeted I have to change the Event in the Pivot table from actual to budgeted, thereby changing all the values. In other words, I cant have both actual and budgeted values at the same time. The cost table is a file out of my control, nothing I can do directly with that.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
So, the only way to get the budgeted data is by changing data source of the only pivot table to reference the budgeted data table? And the pivot table is out of your control?

If you're looking to have both actual and budgeted values on the scorecard at the same time using VLOOKUP functions, I think you'll need two separate pivot tables unless you make copies of the results.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back