vlookup with additional criteria needed

fvisions

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a code with several different vlookups, all of them are straight forward except one. the vlookup below is ok accept in the worksheet SAP ECHL...there are sometimes two rows with the same loan number. One is "Active" and the other is "Deactivated". How can I update the code to ignore any "Deactivated" ones? the status is found in column H of the worksheet "SAP ECHL and CT02"

VBA Code:
Range("W2").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("W2:W" & LastRow).FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=VLOOKUP(RC[-21],'SAP ECHL and CT02'!C[-19]:C[-11],9,0)"
    Range("W2:W" & LastRow).Value = Range("W2:W" & LastRow).Value

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Ok try something like this:

=INDEX('SAP ECHL and CT02'!L:L,MATCH(1,INDEX(('SAP ECHL and CT02'!D:D=B2)*('SAP ECHL and CT02'!H:H="Activated"),0),0))

Upvote 0
Ok try something like this:

=INDEX('SAP ECHL and CT02'!L:L,MATCH(1,INDEX(('SAP ECHL and CT02'!D:D=B2)*('SAP ECHL and CT02'!H:H="Activated"),0),0))
When I copy this code get compile error Expected: end of statement on the word "Activated" tried "Active" and received the same error message

Upvote 0
Its a formula. It needs to be put into the workbook. Check its working. It not code.

Upvote 0
Its a formula. It needs to be put into the workbook. Check its working. It not code.
ok sorry I mis-understood. I need vba code to update the process as the form button does multiple steps including the one mentioned in the post.

Upvote 0
I figured out a workaround. I am going to update the VBA code to sort the worksheet by status then the vlookup will pickup the Active data first. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Solution
You put the formula in worksheet. Check it works. Once happy you then record the formula going into the cell. This will give you the necessary code. You have use the macro recorder? You will need to use it sometimes so its good practice.

Upvote 0
You put the formula in worksheet. Check it works. Once happy you then record the formula going into the cell. This will give you the necessary code. You have use the macro recorder? You will need to use it sometimes so its good practice.
yes I record marcos to start with and move forward from there. When I get stuck, this forum is my go-to website.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back