vlookup with OLAP CUBE

qontrol

Hi everyone,

So here is the thing...

I have 1 sheet which has several rows of data (article number e.g. 1000000, 1000001, 1000002,...) with some information next to it and I also have an OLAP running on another sheet with net values, gross margin etc per article number. How can i lookup the values from the OLAP cube to the other sheet? Vlookup does not work (gives an N/A error).

Thank you.

Regards
Qontrol

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Just on a few assumption, but using INDEX(MATCH) should be your primary lookup method. You say OLAP... is that feeding some kind of PivotTable or a Table?
In either case, you might need to have the ranges exceed the table range.
Another possibility can be data mismatch... Text vs Numbers. Make sure your lookup values are the same type as in the lookup range.

Upvote 0
Yes, the OLAP is feeding a PivotTable with also articlenumbers and their values. Actually the values in the pivottable are the values that I need. I need to lookup the articlenumbers in the PivotTable and return the other data.

So.. Index/Match should work also with a pivottable?

Upvote 0
yes. Make sure your Pivot Table begins at B2. Then when you reference the ranges, use Row 1 as the beginning point.
I forget how the GETPIVOTDATA function works out with OLAP (its been a while since I had OLAP) but that could be a possibility instead of using a lookup.
GETPIVOTDATA is easy if you've done SQL or Table referencing.

Also, OLAP limitations led me to building a PivotTable from a PivotTable.... Which is not necessarily an obvious solution, but gets around OLAP limitations

Upvote 0
Okay, I've got it too work with GETPIVOTDATA. There was something wrong with my references, but ["&A1&"] made it work!

Thank you very much!

Upvote 0
Congratulations!
I have had a couple of projects where the PivotTable was just the easiest tool to get the summary. And (at first) stumbled thru the GETPIVOTDATA.
Those projects, no one looked at the PivotTable at all !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back