VLookup?

richblake74

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello all.
on Sheet LOG i have a column (AD) with Peoples names and this would be the column where

I want another Sheet "Summaries" that has a Table of A1 to D53, Col A has the peoples names (on Summaries sheet), Col B has number of flights and col C has Flight times.

I would like the tables in Summaries to match the Names from COL A in Summaries sheet with the Col AD in the LOG sheet, and insert in col B in Summaries sheet all the flights that I do with a certain person from LOG sheet col M.
Does that make sense?

(I cant seem to be able to post a picture of the problem)

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
This doesnt make sense what you described.

1. "on Sheet LOG i have a column (AD) with Peoples names"
OK so far.

2. "another Sheet "Summaries" that has a Table of A1 to D53, Col A has the peoples names (on Summaries sheet), Col B has number of flights and col C has Flight times."
This is presumably all on the Summaries sheet since you haven't said otherwise? OK again.

"I would like the tables in Summaries to match the Names from COL A in Summaries sheet with the Col AD in the LOG sheet, and insert in col B in Summaries sheet all the flights that I do with a certain person from LOG sheet col M."

Insert in Column B in Summaries? But Column B in Summaires already has number of flights as you stated in 2. So you would be overwriting the data in Summaries column B.
Formulas cannot insert columns. You would need VBA for that.

What you've asked for is overwriting the existing flight data but I don't think that's what you really want.
It would be better if you stated what sheet you are expecting the output (flights and flight times) to appear on? Presumably the LOG file but you havent stated that at all.

SEPARATE QUESTION: In the list of names on both the LOG sheet and the Summaries sheet, are ANY of the names repeated? That would cause problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back