vlookup

RolanDoobies

Board Regular
Im trying to do a vlookup for to bring up several colums of data to the right of the referenced cell, but i cant get the column munber to change when i copy the cell to the next column. is this possible?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
PaddyD,
Thank you soooo much. that was quite painless.
I have another issue too, but ill post in the main forum.

Upvote 0
Bummer,
No matter what I try now, it wont work. Im trying to put in 23 colums and i get a #na
what am i doing wrong?

Upvote 0
#na doesn't mean you've got it wrong, it means there was not matching value. You can get round this if you want, but why bother - knowing that a value is not there is positive info, not an error (although post back if you do want to get rid of them)

Paddy

Upvote 0
The value is there though.
It looks like the lookup cell changes when the column changes, so if i get a column with a zero in it, it jumps to the top row and starts entering that data.

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-29 19:32, RolanDoobies wrote:
=VLOOKUP(B2162,B2141:Y2154,{2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24},FALSE)

First thought:

the table reference in your lookup is
B2141:Y2154. This is a relative reference. (The absolute reference would look like $b$2141:$y$2154). I assume that you wrote this formula in a cell higher up in the spreadsheet & copied it down. If so the relative references will have changed & the vlookup's probably not looking in the right place any more. Change te references to absolute before you copy the formula down, or use a named range.

Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back