Want to do take an inventory spreadsheet to the next level

vt804boy

I am in charge of inventory for various pieces of computer equipment. My office loans out equipment on a daily basis. I would like to either write some code or a macro that will fill a cell with a certain color (like red) if an item is checked out based on a specific value in a cell. For example: if something is checked out I have a column that will either have a y/n if it has a y in any cell in that column i would like for it to be filled with a color (like red).

Also another thing I would like to do is if it is checked out, have the value of "y" be linked to another spreadsheet that has customer information so I can go down the list and easy see if things are out and click on the cell and see by who.

I have no idea of how to go about this, can anyone help please???!!!!!!! This would make life so much easier :)

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
This seems possible, conditional format will sort the colour change, but having 'y' linked seems a bit dubious since you state that 'y' can be in any cell in that column. I can only guess on how you record the loaning of equipment. Can you provide the layout of your data, the more info the better.

Cheers
Colin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back