Warning message about global variables when copying sheet

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook with a bunch of sheets containing logs and charts of blood glucose readings. There is also another sheet with global variables such as BGXHigh, BGHigh, BGOK, BGLow & BGXLow. These are referenced in all of the log sheets. For months, whenever I need to start a new log, I just copy the current log and chart sheets and edit out the old data.

In the past, I guess I must have always copied the 2 sheets one at a time. Today, I selected both sheets, right-clicked, and selected make a copy. I then got an error message saying that one of the global variables "already exists" and offering me the choice of using that one or renaming it. The options are "Yes", "Yes to All", and "No". If I click on "Yes to All", I still get the warning message for each of the 10-12 global variables.

After the copy is complete (having clicked "Yes" each time), I check the Name Manager and the same global variables are still there and there are no additional copies.

If I copy the two sheets individually, I get no error messages. I also noticed that if I click "Yes", rather than "Yes to All", I get more warning messages.

Questions:

1. Why do I get error messages when I copy 2 sheets at the same time and not when I copy them individually?

2. Why do I get more error messages when I click "Yes" vs "Yes to All"?

Excel 365 (2019?) is a lot weirder and more finicky that 2007. I'm not sure it's better on net.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back