Was MrExcel compromised and if so when?

Excelarry

When was it? and how many times has the MrExcel database been compromised please?
I signed up to MrExcel probably 15 years ago or so.
After which, I started getting spam emails through the address I'd used to sign up to your site with.
it died down after a couple of years, but recently, I've had an 'explosion' of bounced emails through that same address.
The address I registered with you has only EVER been used to register on your website. I've NEVER used that address for ANYTHING else.
I know its the address I registered with you because I created the email specifically for that purpose: mrexcel @ 'my domain' .com
The ONLY way this could have got into the public domain, is if your systems have been compromised.

I signed up to MrExcel probably 15 years ago or so.
After which, I started getting spam emails through the address I'd used to sign up to your site with.
it died down after a couple of years, but recently, I've had an 'explosion' of bounced emails through that same address.
The address I registered with you has only EVER been used to register on your website. I've NEVER used that address for ANYTHING else.
I know its the address I registered with you because I created the email specifically for that purpose: mrexcel @ 'my domain' .com
You joined Mr Excel on Nov 5, 2011 and posted 3 times on on Jan 27, 2014. Any spam emails you received before the data breach on Dec 6 2016 were not the result of a data breach here. You were notified of the data breach on Jan 14, 2017 and advised to change your password.

One wonders why you're still using an email address created specifically for this site - where you've hardly been active - if that email address attracts spam and, of late, "an 'explosion' of bounced emails". Furthermore, your problems may not be at all related to the data breach here - it's entirely possible the domain you're using for that email address has itself been compromised...

Just a suggestion: If you have never used the email address for anything else, don't want that spam you are apparently getting and you would like to retain your account here, why not create a new email address just for use here (like you did before), change the email address on your account here & then discard the old email address?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back