Way to move rows to the bottom of the workbook based on data in cell.

jordanmiller7890

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking to move rows based on a couple of things "In Progress", "Not Started", or the cell is "Blank"(no data as sometimes we leave it blank on purpose) in Column F I want the rows with those words to always be at the bottom of my list where data was last entered so say my last entry was 19 I start entering data on 20. The ones that state "In Progress" and "Not Started" are for example at 18 and 19(at this time since it's the bottom of the list) I enter in data in row 20 and the status of "Reassigned" and that tab will then get moved to 18 and the "In Progress" and the "Not Started" would drop to Row 19 and 20 since the formatting states "move". I also need to keep the conditional formatting for each of those cells that are being moved since it's adding data to another part of the sheet. Once the status of those cells are changed I want them to go back up to where they were on the sheet sorted by the "Date Requested"(1st) and "Client Name"(2nd) after the "Status" has been changed to one of my other selections. I only need this done between A2:L475 I have data in cells M2:U5 and A500:C528 that can't be touched/moved as they are the data from the rows and they all being added up to one for daily and weekly totals. Is there anyway to do this? What I want is very specific and everything I was finding on the internet wasn't what I was looking for it just kept doing something close to what I was wanting but it was never exactly what I needed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Excel.png
    Excel.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Other than In Progress, Not Started, <blank>; what else you have in Status column. Are they predefined or can be anything?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back