David77

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everybody,

Whenever I open my excel sheet I get the following message:

"We found a problem with some content in "File name xxx". Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes"

It is super annoying. It started happening after I had my VBA coding open in another test sheet next to my main one (I still don't understand why you cant split VBA codes so it's only open in one excel file at a time.

Whenever I open my excel file this annoying message comes up. If I click yes it says the following:

"Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content: Removed Records: Object from /xl/worksheets/sheet3.xml part"

My file functions completely fine, I don't see any problems with it.

But I would love to get this message removed (because other people have to use this file too), so they won't encounter this annoying message every time they try to open it.

Can somebody help me with this please? I would truly appreciate it! Please let me know if you want me to share some screenshots, my codes or anything else.

P.S. I think the "Sheet3" that is referenced is from the test file I made in Excel, which is not even a part of my main file!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Update:

This is my actual sheet 3 (but I have named it "Order Form"):

1597145228918.png

Upvote 0
Try changing this :

strPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "Order Form.pdf"

to this:

strPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path &"\" & "Order Form" & ".pdf"

Upvote 0
Pretty sure that sheet3.xml refers to the 3rd sheet in the workbook (counting from left to right & including hidden sheets), not the sheet with codename of sheet3.

Upvote 0
Try changing this :

strPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator & "Order Form.pdf"

to this:

strPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path &"\" & "Order Form" & ".pdf"
Hello Logit,

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, it did not work :(

I solved the issue however, by simply just taking every single cell and code and copying it onto another sheet. It was super annoying and took a long time, but it worked and my excel is not bugging now.

Goes to show that the program itself had an error, and not my worksheets. Super weird and annoying, but friendly reminder to everybody out there to always keep a backup :)

Upvote 0
Maintaining an original backup is paramount. My experience has always been ... sooner or later Excel will corrupt itself for no good reason.
Apparently something in your workbook did that. And YES, having to manually re-create something is a total bore.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back