Web links in search results not clickable

Reyaaz

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Search results are listed on Sheet 1 (Search Results), and gathered from sheet 2 (Full Product List).
However, cells which contain a web link in Full Product List, are not currently clickable in Search Results.

Column 1 names are clickable in the full list on Full Product List.

The user is currently unable to click through the column 1 web links in Search Results, after performing a search, with Column 1 seeming to hold normal text.

Example of Sheet 1 shown.

Thanks

Attachments

• website link not working screenshot1.jpg
    website link not working screenshot1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I've not encountered this before, but I can see why hyperlinks on one sheet wouldn't necessarily track through to another sheet. Odd, though, that the blue underline formatting is nonetheless reproduced.

By what method, are these search results being arranged and reproduced on the search results sheet? Is it through a filter? Or VBA? Or...?

Also, the original hyperlinks - how have they been assigned to the cells? Manually? Or using the HYPERLINK formula?

Upvote 0
I've not encountered this before, but I can see why hyperlinks on one sheet wouldn't necessarily track through to another sheet. Odd, though, that the blue underline formatting is nonetheless reproduced.

By what method, are these search results being arranged and reproduced on the search results sheet? Is it through a filter? Or VBA? Or...?

Also, the original hyperlinks - how have they been assigned to the cells? Manually? Or using the HYPERLINK formula?
Hi, Dan.

Please check this post to give you an idea of how the search results have been arranged:
Exact text search in a range of cells

The original hyperlinks were inputted manually in column 1 of Full Product List.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thank you for the additional information. I checked the thread, and it seems that Jason has come to the same point as what I was trying to get at with my questions - namely that filtered data only reproduces text, and not everything else that has been done to the cell. Which I think means that in your screen shot, you must have manually formatted the cells in column A to be blue with underlined in order to make it appear as though they were hyperlinks.

In any event, I agree with Jason's assessment - this would require a different strategy. Advanced filters is possibly the most straight-forward but would require a bit more user-interaction. VBA would be the easiest for end-users, but I know that some companies can be a bit touchy about VBA enabled workbooks.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the additional information. I checked the thread, and it seems that Jason has come to the same point as what I was trying to get at with my questions - namely that filtered data only reproduces text, and not everything else that has been done to the cell. Which I think means that in your screen shot, you must have manually formatted the cells in column A to be blue with underlined in order to make it appear as though they were hyperlinks.

In any event, I agree with Jason's assessment - this would require a different strategy. Advanced filters is possibly the most straight-forward but would require a bit more user-interaction. VBA would be the easiest for end-users, but I know that some companies can be a bit touchy about VBA enabled workbooks.
Thanks for the response.
Nope. I didn't manually format the cells in Column A. The search results seem to copy that particular format over. I don't know why. 🤔
And yes, you are right re the VBA enablement. :confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back