web queries that import only a single cell?

lionhearted012

I am trying to make an action house profit calculator for a game and I have all the data setup correctly to calculate profits and auto update values when new information is put in into the material cost page.

I want to have the data updated from a website either automatically or when i manually refresh it, i dont care which. I researched on the microsoft website and google and found that you do this by using web queries and learned how to insert a web query that auto updates every x minutes from an external website however it inserts an entire table from a website and i only want data from one cell on that website. I have been unable to find an answer to this myself through hours of research i only find how to insert an entire table.

To give you a better idea of what i'm trying to do here are some pictures.

Here is the price data page I want to be updated with a query from an external action house website for a game.

ASo5Jad.jpg

I want all of those prices in the excel doc to be auto updated or refreshed from online data.

here is the website:

The problem is I can only do a search for one item at a time with the way the website is set up unless i were to make a program that scans every page of the website and brings the information up in order on a single page that i could then import into excel(which i dont possess the knowledge to program something like that).

52wvRM6.jpg

When i did a web query it inserts all of the columns and rows from this picture and i do not want that, i only want the buyout price cell. How do I make it insert only one cell?

Once I figure out how to do this all of the formulas that I have made on the other excel pages will auto update the total profits I can make by making certain items in the game with the calculations I already set up.

If there is an easier way to do this some information would be helpful because this is the only thing I have been able to find that might work so far.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I am new i cannot give you any help lon this but Woow, that stuff to import the data this way is really cool.

Lesson learnt !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back