Web scrape in Excel 2016

JTL9161

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Last year using Excel 2010 I had web page downloads to worksheets upon opening the worksheets. This year my company upgraded to 2016 and I was getting errors on my refreshes so I am attempting to create a new worksheets with new links to the web pages for download. But Excel 2016 is WAY different than Excel 2010. I go to Get & Transform Data and choose from Web and enter the url. The importing comes up in tables and while the data I want to copy is in the tables when I try to load it the option "to existing worksheet" A1 cell is grayed out. I then choose a table and while it does add it to a new worksheet when i try to manipulate the data I get the error that the network connection has been lost or it puts it into a query worksheet. I need just the basics again! Screen scrape a web page into text in a worksheet then when I open the workbook it refreshes the data.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
load.png

Refresh can be defined in Data tab, Connections - Properties

or I misunderstood

Upvote 0
Thank You bu I am not completely following you. When I try doing "load to" and "only create connection" I get this. I think I need more detailed steps.
Untitled.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank You bu I am not completely following you. When I try doing "load to" and "only create connection" I get this. I think I need more detailed steps.
maybe you should show the url, will be much easier

btw. if you choose: Only create connection nothing should be loaded to the sheet
try to delete this green table and check what is under Query Document (now: 1 row loaded)

Upvote 0
I think I got it. If not I will be back. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back