Web scraping in Access.

revver

I want to grab info from a website to include in my database. I have found many articles/questions on scraping using Excel but zero for Access.
Without going too deeply into the Excel info, I have found that I will need the name of the class of interest. I have that name now.

Can anyone point me to some appropriate resources so that I can research this? Are there any ways to do this that are to be preferred over other ways, given the choice; any pitfalls etc?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I just googled "ms access vba web scraping" and got 79 hits, some for Excel, some for Access. Some results were videos.
Since I know nothing about this topic and have no desire to, I only did a small review of the results. Perhaps they will help you though.

Upvote 0
Thanks Micron,
Perhaps I should have said zero useful articles relating to Access. It was so depressing sorting through the hits only to find nothing of much usefulness or really appropriate. That's where I found out about needing class info.

However, I have found a website that does seem like it will be helpful. I haven't done any experiments using this info yet but it looks promising. I found it by following a chain of links although it didn't show as a hit in my earlier searches. In fact, it appears that there may be other useful stuff there like an enhanced SQL editor.

The site is called DEVelopers Hut.

Upvote 0
Can't help but wonder if there aren't better platforms for what it is I think you want to do.
Good luck with your project!

Upvote 0
Well, it looks like you found what you are after.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back