webquery?

abound1

Board Regular
Hi,

is there anyone here that knows how to automate a web query whereby names on a list in Excel are pasted into a website’s text box search and the returned data is copied into Excel? I have a list of racehorses that I need data for which is available at: http://www.drf.com/workoutHorseSearch.do

Thanks, I appreciate any help with this.

Hi Sprucy,

You're using a Mac? My advice would be to recycle that and get a PC! :LOL:

Sorry, all kidding aside (well, actually I don't like to use Macs, personally; no blue screens of death ;) ), e-mail me the source code, include something about MrExcel in the subject-line to be sure that I catch it. I'll take a look for you later (busy day, today).

Looks like you've switched tactics, using a native WebQuery? I don't think this will work...

I still won't be able to get to Page 2, but perhaps I can get you moving in the right direction. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
NateO,

in one of your posts in this thread, you wrote:

'tmpArr() is an array, you can't just pass a string or a cell's value to it.... You'll need to change the data type declaration. And don't loop through the array, just do it once..'

Can you explain - change the data type declaration - in an array
Is it possible to loop through an array?

I am having a problem trying to apply an array formula. Can you please read my post 'Sorting an Array Formula' (please do a search for the title of the thread). Any feedback/suggestions/solution would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back