Weekly reporting added, changed and removed / General approach advice

drewkennett

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I use Office 365 and utilise sharepoint list to capture sales opportunities that I then pull down into excel and have it linked so I can refresh. We are moving to a CRM system but this not for a few months.
The list details the customer name, opportunity name, Country, Industry Sector, Product, Qty, Value in source currency, Lead Stage ( Prospect, Quote, Negotiation, Sale Won, Sale Not Won etc) Also detailed is the expected date of sale and field for observations or comments. One final point to note is the sharpoint file also details the last time a list entry was modified but just that, not what or what to, just the time and date something was added or edited in some way.

I currently add an observation comment whenever I add or change an entry and then pivot the data and change the modified date but this seems cumbersome. This is a working sharepoint list used by around 5 users and the data is reported weekly as part of a 3 month sales lookahead.

My question is how best to report what changes have been made weekly? The list is over 700 entries and grows weekly, ideally I would like to see clearly what has been added, what has been removed and what has changed in as much detail as possible? The changed hopefully can track the number and value of opportunities and how they have moved in the Lead Stage, ie Customer A - moved from Quote to Sale Won and the value OR Customer B - Expected date of sale changed from June to July.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to achieve this or if you feel there is a better way to approach this level of reporting.

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
use Microsoft Access. It can read directly from your excel files to report on any day /month /quarter etc.
however you want to slice it.

Upvote 0
use Microsoft Access. It can read directly from your excel files to report on any day /month /quarter etc.
however you want to slice it.
Thanks ranman256, I am not really familiar with access and hear it can be difficult for newbies. Would access be able to provide the detailed reporting above if linked to the excel file? How would it track the changes if not made directly in access?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back