“Weight”

Marwan69

Board Regular
Hi,

i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my formula also convers ml & g which I don’t want to be touched. For example: Any smaller unit/weight i want my formula to ignore. How can I incorporate this in my formula?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I'm not sure how your sheet is organized, but if you are trying to operate on one column by multiplying or dividing by a conversion factor, just use 1 for mL to mL.

Upvote 0
I tried but because my formula conver every kg and liter into the smallest weight, it also does the same with ie: 700ml. Which as you can see here it doesn’t need to be converted. The same with grams.
Thanks for your post.

Upvote 0
You'll have to provide more detail about your worksheet. I don't understand the issue that you are encountering. The best option would be to post a small sample using XL2BB.

Upvote 0
B1​
C1​
D1​
E1​
A2​
Unit1 kgLml
A3​
Weight1610.700
A4​
Qty6511
A5​
P1,0405740
A6​
T.P0.070.0657.14
C6C5/C3/1000
D6D5/D3/1000
E6E5/E3

E5/E3 formula is not consistent with the the other two formulas. So I need always to edit for each weight that contains (ml) which is exhausted task for a long excel sheet.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what you are trying to show. It appears that you want units only in the top row? (so C1 should be "kg" not "1 kg"). Are you listing many units across row 1? Then in row 2, it appears that you've labeled the left side of the row "Weight", but when I look to the right of that label, I see "16" under the "kg" column, 1 under the "L" column, and 0.700 under the "mL" column. None of those represent a weight quantity. Could you clarify that and what is meant by "P" and "T.P" and "Quantity"? Here is an attempt to convert your table above into XL2BB format. You can copy this (click the clipboard icon in the upper left at the intersection of rows/columns) to make a copy. Ideally, you should install the XL2BB add-in so that your actual content could be uploaded.
Book1
ABCDE
1Unit1 kgLmL
2Weight1610.7
3Qty6511
4P10405740
5T.P0.070.0657.14
61.07692E-060.0000657.14
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C6:D6C6=C5/C3/1000
E6E6=E5/E3

Upvote 0
I have installed it but did't know how to use it. My appologies!
Ok got it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good...I see you have the add-in working. If we focus on column A only, what do the values represent in rows 5,6,7,and 8? Are you converting 16 kg into some other units there?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back