Weighted average help needed

Bren4242

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Apologies if I've not titled this correctly, not 100% sure what to call this kind of request TBH.

I need to track the average completion percentage for a collection of documents which are at different stages of completion. Image attached to illustrate.
I need to complete the Average % table at the bottom (rows 17-26), which gives the average % complete for all the documents based on which stage they are in by the given date.

Example for the first set at 17/12/2021 (dd/mm/yyyy, 17 December 2021):
I marked in orange the stage each document was/would be in at the given date (17-Dec), eg Doc2 was in Stage 3 at that time, Doc10 was in Stage 1
Each stage has a weighted percentage shown in rows 1-2, so Doc2 would be 50% complete, Doc10 would be 10%.
Column H shows the completion percentage for each document as it would've been at 17-Dec, which averages to 22%.

The question: What formula can I use in the table in range B17:B26 to give me the average for at each of the period-end dates? The quick/dirty solution might be to just keep adding columns similar to column H and calculate it from there, but I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution
MrExcel.jpg

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Does Column H have equations? If so, what is the equation in H5?

Upvote 0
have you tried something like this?
Excel Formula:
=average(OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B5:F5,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B6:F6,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B7:F7,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B8:F8,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B9:F9,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B10:F10,"<="&A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B11:F11,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B12:F12,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B13:F13,"<="&$A17)-1),OFFSET($B$2,,COUNTIF(B14:F14,"<="&$A17)-1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back