Weird Access open issue

mahmed1

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys

I am running some code from Excel that opens up access Runs 2 macros in the Access Database and then paste into my excel sheet using the open
Recordeset (dont have the code to had at present) but my main issue is that
When some users run it it comes up with a msg that the database is open even though i can assure you that it aint open but if i or some users run it, it runs fine...

so for some users it runs and others that the access DB is open and i just dont why

i have closed all access down and even ended task for access for the users affected and myself and same thing happens

it doesnt like it when they or certain users run it

my code just opens Access Dn
Calls the AccessUpdateMacro

Thank you

iwill make those changes - yh looks like security trust centre resolved it but i dont know why it worked for some and not others

it now means i need to make sure everyones is set up right

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
So this might be a stupid question but why are 10 people running it? Are they all trying to run the same thing, or is it doing something different each time a different person runs it?

Upvote 0
So this might be a stupid question but why are 10 people running it? Are they all trying to run the same thing, or is it doing something different each time a different person runs it?

there are different packs where they connect to same database so if a change has been made to the database - they need to run the macro that imports in the text file and sends back as recordset..

i might make a change to my area and you might make a change to your area...bot changes will vet updated to the same database hence why different people might be updating and getting data

just linkingto db to get data would have been fine but they to call the macro that does the import and delete etc..

Upvote 0
Hmm. Not sure what a pack is, but maybe it doesn't matter. This code doesn't look particular robust for multiple users all calling the same macro (potentially at the same time), but hopefully such collisions are relatively rare and the guards you have in place for that are sufficient.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back