What if Analysis tool going wrong?

Ploom

3irbzK2IVH6D
Hi,

I have made an excel file where i want to do a few sensitivity analysis.
To remain flexible, i have put a formula on the data that the what if analysis tool has to take for its calculations.
https://imagebin.ca/v/3irbzK2IVH6D
Like putting on a row -5% to +5% compared to my basic assumption for me to have an easier understanding of the value of the table.

However i have noticed that:
-1) The values given by the what if analysis are not the same at all as if i were to directly write in hard the value in my model (the most shocking was when for the parameters i have 0% / 0% so we are back to my basic assumption, the computation is different from my model on excel)

-2) if the what if analysis take cells which are only composed of value or of formula (but gives the same value) the computation are not the same at all.
3irbzK2IVH6D

3irbzK2IVH6D

It is one of my first time using this excel tool and i'm not very familiar with it and i thought i'd still understand how to use it but i have the impression i'm wrong (i have been careful on what i put in row/columns in the window of the what if though)

Please find attached the link on my excel if it is easier for your understanding. https://mega.nz/#!2wIXALyA!-z4PVGG10a-ZKt9wSCqt4q2MHw-2pHZIBcQbgo2wFvE
Thank you for any help,

Regards

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Sorry guys i have found the issue. By doing what i did (aka put a reference of the asumption to make it flexible) it created a circular reference and that's why if failed. Issue resolved :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back