What is the best solution for the button macro menu? (Service change form sheet)

DoctorK

Situation: I'd like to create a worksheet where it will be used by project managers to request their change of service of their clients. I have an idea of what I want to do. Make column 'A' a static menu and have macro buttons that, when pressed, will unhide columns to the right. Those columns will appear and that will unhide the columns and show the fields that be necessary for them to fill out so the task can be carried out.

Problem: I'm not very skilled in VB, and I realize this may be the best way to create the worksheet.
I've been able to create a few active X buttons that will do a simple hide/unhide of the columns I want.
Example:
Name and Address button (unhides/hides columns C and D)
Telephone number button (unhides/hides columns E and F)
Create a line button (unhides/hides columns C:F)

So you probably know what I'm going to say next...

I'm getting the opposite reaction if in when multiple buttons are checked/unchecked and it causes an inverse mix and mashup of the columns being hidden or not hidden. I'm going to also want to add more buttons on that static menu for more tasks to be completed. Some of those tasks may share the same columns, and some may not and have specific, exclusive columns for them.

First question - Would any of you recommend a better way to construct this service change form sheet?
Second question - Is there a table of some type that would be best list all this under and then make it work? Maybe a pivot table or something?
Third question - Are there any examples I can see or use to help understand the concept of how to construct this?

Pre-thanks for your time, help and input to answering this post.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Can you post the code that you have? It sounds like you may be better off creating a toolbar/User form if you are wanting to add more buttons.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back