What is the keyboard shortcut to access all the entries within a pivot table

wormaji

I am not a frequent user of Microsoft Excel. So I'm hoping that I have describing the problem correctly.

I have been sent several Microsoft Excel worksheets to work upon. Each of these contain pivot tables with each row summarise some financial transaction for a particular month. So, I will have one row giving me the total number of sales figures for March 2018 and another draw for giving me the total number of sales figure for the April 2018. When I double click with the mouse on each month, then a new worksheet pops up, which contains the financial transactions for that particular month. So when I double click on the row that contains the total number of sales figure for the past 2018, then a new worksheet will pop up which will show all the sales transaction that happened in March 2018.

The problem is that I have medical problems which make using a mouse very difficult and so I'm unable to use the mouse to double-click on the row containing the pivot table. I was hoping that just by pressing the enter key, all the financial transactions that correspond to that particular row will pop up in the new worksheet. But that is not happening. I looked around for possible keyboard shortcuts but perhaps I'm not phrasing my problem correctly and that is why I am not getting any kind of solution.

Can anyone please help me out? If needed, I tried rephrasing the problem.

Thank you for any inputs

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Do you have the shortcut menu key on your keyboard? (usually to the right of the Windows key on the right of the space bar) If so, select the field, then press that and e to activate the Show Detail menu. If you don't have that key, then it's Shift+f10, and then e.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your prompt response. However, I am able to only open one particular column when I use the shortcut. How do I see a completely separate new worksheet with all the columns. Even if the worksheet is not there, I just need to see all the columns instead of one of the columns.

This is what happened when I use the shortcut. When I press "shift + F10", then it brings up the menu that is seen when a mouse Right click is done on the pivot table row. After that, pressing the letter E will take you to the menu for expand/collapse. After clicking on that it gives an option of "expand" or "expand the entire field."

When I click on Expand, it will only expand only the field listed on the table (in my case, it is the date so it expands all the dates into months). When I click on expand enter field, it asks me select only one field.
Is there an option to see all the fields ?

Upvote 0
You need to select a value field first, not a row/column field.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back