What it takes and how to be Excel MVP

lezawang

Hi
Not for me, but I am just curious to know so I can sense what it takes to be MVP. How many hrs they spend each day on excel/vba etc. What was the most difficult things before you became MVP. How long it takes to master excel and/or vba before becoming mvp.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Do you mean a Microsoft Excel MVP, or a MrExcel.com MVP?
They are two very different things.

Either one will take you at least a few years of doing lots of Excel.
A good sign you are making progress towards that goal is that you are answering a lot more questions on this web site than you are asking.
There are some great books out there, especially on VBA. You can find some at the MrExcel.com store.

Note that you do not need to become an expert at everything in order to become an MVP. There is some much to Excel, it is virtually impossible to become a master of it all.
But you definitely want to become pretty proficient at VBA (unless you are an amazing formula master, like Aladdin!).

rlv01

I heard a rumor that it requires the ability to look good in a skin tight suit while wearing a cape. That, and being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I heard a rumor that it requires the ability to look good in a skin tight suit while wearing a cape.
You got it!
And who looks better in a skin tight suit that a bunch of middle-age computer geeks!:LOL:

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I heard a rumor that it requires the ability to look good in a skin tight suit while wearing a cape. That, and being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Being both a Microsoft MVP and a MrExcel MVP, I can guarantee that looking good in a skin tight suit is NOT a requirement (the reaction I would get if I were to appear in such an outfit makes me shudder at the thought).

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enisi2000

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...