What kind of tomatos do you like, red or yellow?

On 2002-08-26 10:12, Steve Hartman wrote:
And now he has editted out evidence of his two previous edits. OK, Lesson learned and APPLIED!

Hi guys and sorry for all the “trouble” I caused? :(

First of all, they give you an instrument (edit) why not use it? Is this something not legitimate or wrong?

Secondly, English isn’t my first language so I do edit often mainly to correct typo errors, and sometimes to clarify some issue – but never make major changes in intention to make someone “Idiot” as Steve wrote. Sorry Steve I really didn’t meant to do harm.

Also, my original post was sent at 3:11 and as I recall now I’ve changed some word or so almost immediately to make myself more clear. The first to respond was Jack in the UK more than 2 hrs later and it seems that he had no difficulties to understand what I’ve meant.

Any way you and also I had our lessons, and I’ll try to be more careful when editing. You – always quote – this is your insurance.

My last correction was adding the word “also” in the title: Having Who's Online also on Excel Questions forum.

BTW, it is a little bit nasty to say, and I quote: “And now he has editted out evidence of his two previous edits”... as if you made some crime. I did it as many others do, only to save some place!

OK guys, that’s it.

Best regards to all

Eli

Eli, I assure you, the posts in this thread were made in jest. :)

It is an amusing feature of the board, being able to edit your posts after someone else has replied. Also, boredom can set in and people tend to enjoy certain threads too much.

Take it easy.

Eli, as Mark said it was all in jest. It is just a quirk of the board software that the original poster can edit the title of a thread. And I hope you can understand that adding the word only to the title COMPLETELY changes the meaning.

For another example. let's say I post a question with the title "What kind of tomatos do you like, red or yellow?" You answer "I like the great big red ones" Mark answers "I didn't know they came in yellow, I just always eat the red ones." Someone else answers, "I hate all of them. I use mustard instead." Then I go back and edit the original message to "What kind of lace thong underwear do you like?" Kinda makes a difference doesn't it. Now you and Mark and the other guy have gone from being normal to looking just a little bit strange.

I've seen some folks mark what they've changed in a message by saying EDIT and then putting the change. I meant nothing "nasty". Just pointing out one of the fun idiosyncracies of online communication.

Edit - to correct some typos
This message was edited by Steve Hartman on 2002-08-27 08:25

On 2002-08-27 08:20, Steve Hartman wrote:
Eli, as Mark said it was all in jest. It is just a quirk of the board software that the original poster can edit the title of a thread. And I hope you can understand that adding the word only to the title COMPLETELY changes the meaning.

For another example. let's say I post a question with the title "What kind of tomatos do you like, red or yellow?" You answer "I like the great big red ones" Mark answers "I didn't know they came in yellow, I just always eat the red ones." Someone else answers, "I hate all of them. I use mustard instead." Then I go back and edit the original message to "What kind of lace thong underwear do you like?" Kinda makes a difference doesn't it. Now you and Mark and the other guy have gone from being normal to looking just a little bit strange.

I've seen some folks mark what they've changed in a message by saying EDIT and then putting the change. I meant nothing "nasty". Just pointing out one of the fun idiosyncracies of online communication.

Edit - to correct some typos
This message was edited by Steve Hartman on 2002-08-27 08:25

Ok Steve,
Your example is lovely and also I've learnt a few new words.

Be sure I didn't really meant all what I wrote, but I knew this will stimulate some reactions which will make the whole thing clear.

Regards,

Eli

Then I go back and edit the original message to "What kind of lace thong underwear do you like?"

:LOL: Yeah just like that! :LOL:
Just caught the latest edit. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
This message was edited by Steve Hartman on 2002-09-05 05:21

Hi eliW

This feeds been fun, soory from all of us we regulars you include do monkey about of the main questions board, ive had issues with Steve and Mark, both i respect and have not a bad word to say about they give me stick as i will them off board.

Just an idea, you say Engish is not first language, well i go better still i can read very well or spell, you might have noticed evryone else has, this holds me back, see im see as english ???

Im UK yes and not i see LOADS of guy with UK in their name???? funny that one.

Manybe edit your profile can be edited to you nationalaty or home land, i love seeing non UK and non US posters and so i and regulars will see it and say ermmm make it easy and help you, im not telling you just a suggestion from a guy who cant spell or read so well.

Trust me your better than me at english,miom just used to it!!!

Take care and enjoy yourself

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back