What's a useful/fun data entry to exercise on when learning Excel from scratch (self-taught)?

youzukk

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
HI everyone, I'm learning by myself from scratch and you well know that if you don't do it fo a reason, I'll be excruciating, long and ineffective to learn anything. I wanna learn it to have a chance to get an office job, I'm currently at McDonald's. I can't really experiment with expenses sheets simply because my only outgoing cashflow is exclusively rent and grocery.
First question: could you pitch me your ideas to have something useful to do data entry about? Please dont't say "pushing the product".
Second question: I'm using this two sheets: in one I enter the grocery and classificate in Personal (Food) and Business (non-food). How do I change this category's names? How do I add one?
(I also classify them as S&T/G&C/proteins/fats.)

Thank you all!

Attachments

• exl2.png
    exl2.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 13

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
HI everyone, I'm learning by myself from scratch and you well know that if you don't do it fo a reason, I'll be excruciating, long and ineffective to learn anything. I wanna learn it to have a chance to get an office job, I'm currently at McDonald's. I can't really experiment with expenses sheets simply because my only outgoing cashflow is exclusively rent and grocery.
First question: could you pitch me your ideas to have something useful to do data entry about? Please dont't say "pushing the product".
Second question: I'm using this two sheets: in one I enter the grocery and classificate in Personal (Food) and Business (non-food). How do I change this category's names? How do I add one?
(I also classify them as S&T/G&C/proteins/fats.)

Thank you all!
Bravo youzukk for working to learn excel and to better yourself!!! - and welcome to the forum. I will predict that if you work hard at learning excel you will have a great job soon that will change your life! It will take work and time, but if you put in the effort you WILL soon see the benefits.

Question 1 - Data Entry. - Keep track of your gas purchases and log miles per gallon, cost per gallon and mileage on your car. Then learn to plot the data on graphs. Until you have actual data you can make up data for practice.

Question 2 - To change data - you simply click in the cell where the category names are and type in new data.

One thing to learn in excel that will always be helpful are the keyboard shortcuts. Practice all the keyboard shortcuts in the list found at: All the Best Microsoft Excel Keyboard Shortcuts

Those shortcuts will be useful no matter what you learn in excel. Don't be afraid to look up excel tutorials on google and work through examples.

Soon you will be answering questions others have and you will be amazed at what you can do. Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back