What's this error, Please help.

RBrown

Board Regular
I have been working on a project for several weeks that has two forms and a lot of code and all of a sudden I get the following error:

"Error Accessing File. Network connection may have been lost"

I can see my modules in the project explorer window but I can't open them.
Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this error.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I get the error when the workbook is opened, I assume this is because it's trying to load a form but can't access the code and I also get it if I try to view any of the codes thru the project explorer or if I try to manually run any of the macros.

Upvote 0
The code is stored with the workbook unless there is a specific call to code in another workbook.

As this happens when you open the workbook there must be an event macro for the workbook. On the project explorer, if you click on the ThisWorkbook icon do you see any code?

Upvote 0
No... I get the same error when I try that just as I do when I try to view code for any worksheet, userform or module.

Upvote 0
There are three worksheets, one is a time card template(hidden), one is used to store listbox values (hidden) and the other is a blank that is displayed when the workbook is first opened.

I would gladly e-mail it to you if you like.

Upvote 0
Sorry what I meant was are these worksheets blank or are they as you expect?

On the whole with this type of error I would expect you to be unable to open the file at all. Or there to be code trying to access another file. The fact that the modules cannot be accessed seems to indicate that perhaps there is some corruption somewhere.

Have you tried doing a File Save As and then tying to re-open the new file? Also you could try simply copying the file and then trying to open the duplicate version

Upvote 0
Yes the worksheets are as they should be and I have tried a Save As and tried a copied version as well as e-mailing it to another user to try. Nothing seems to work.
I looked on Microsofts web site for this error and found it but only as a Power Point Visual Basics error, no mention of it in Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back