When cell is clicked, vlookup that cell

adurham22926192

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I’m creating a scoring system for dance competitions and I need some help. Basically each Dancer gets a score out of 300 for each of their 3 dances. Here’s a preview of what it looks like.

Sheet 1

ABCDEF
1NumberDance 1Dance 2Dance 3TotalPlace
3NumberDance 1Dance 2Dance 3TotalPlace

Sheet 2 (vlookup sheet)
NumberJudge 1Judge 2Judge 3Total

When B4 is clicked I want to vlookup A4 (sheet 1) in Sheet 2 and return Judge 1’s mark that matches the number (100) in cell B2. So for example when I click on cell B5 in Sheet 1, it looks up the number in the range (A2:A5) on sheet 2 and returns the second column data which for this case would be 86 because 3 is the number in A5 in Sheet 1.

Also, when A4 is clicked, I want the value in A4 to appear but then if I click on A5, I want that value to show. So it changes every time you click a different number.

Hope this makes sense! Please help :)

Something like this?

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim ws2 As Worksheet

Set ws2 = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2")

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A4", "A7")) Is Nothing Then
    Cells(2, Target.Column) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column, 0)
End If

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B4", "B7")) Is Nothing Then
    Cells(2, Target.Column) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column, 0)
    Cells(2, Target.Column + 1) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column + 1, 0)
    Cells(2, Target.Column + 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column + 2, 0)
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Something like this?

VBA Code:

Dim ws2 As Worksheet

End If

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B4", "B7")) Is Nothing Then
    Cells(2, Target.Column + 1) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column + 1, 0)
    Cells(2, Target.Column + 2) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), Target.Column + 2, 0)
End If

End Sub
Hi. That code works perfectly but I forgot to add something. Say for example B4 in sheet 1 is clicked, the vlookup values appear in B2, C2 and D2. Then when I click A4 in sheet 1, that value comes up in A2. this is what I wanted.

But when I click a new cell, say for example B5, I want the value that’s in A2 which is the previous vlookup number to disappear so that when I click A5, the new vlookup result appears. I want this to work for all the 3 columps so B4:B7, C4:C7 and D4:D7

Does this make sense?

Upvote 0
I hope my understanding is right

VBA Code:

Dim strCol As String
Dim ws2 As Worksheet

Cells(2, "A") = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), 1, 0)
End If

If Not Intersect(Target, Union(Range("B4", "B7"), Range("C4", "C7"), Range("D4", "D7"))) Is Nothing Then
    Cells(2, "A") = ""
    Cells(2, "B") = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), 2, 0)
    Cells(2, "C") = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), 3, 0)
    Cells(2, "D") = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A" & Target.Row), ws2.Range("A1", "D5"), 4, 0)
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back