When changing a previously selected drop down choice, it does not insert the new data correctly on another worksheet

katiedee

I was going to attach a workbook, but it won't let me. I guess it's because I'm new to the forum. I'll describe the best I can the problem in hopes that I can attach my very scaled down workbook at some point. The workbook is designed so that any row on the Company One or Company Two tabs that contain "Unsuccessful" in column J will copy cells on the same row from the B, D & E column over to the Unsuccessful worksheet. On that sheet the columns D, E, F, G & H are then completed manually. Column E & F have drop downs. All of this works great, EXCEPT if you go to either the Company One or Company Two worksheet and change any "Successful" in column J to "Unsuccessful." It will still copy the data to the Unsuccessful worksheet, however, wherever the new data is inserted does not insert a whole row.

The best way I can explain it is if you go tothe Company One tab and change J5 to Unsuccessful and then look at theUnsuccessful worksheet, you will see where it inserted the change to row 4, columns A, B & C.However, D4-H4 remains the same, which was information associated with the client that is now A5-C5.

I should also mention that the Shared Data worksheet is for storing the data from Company One and Company Two. The Unsuccessful worksheet has formulas for each row to pull the data from the Shared Data tab if it meets the criteria.

I just don't know how to get the data from Company One or Two to the Unsuccessful sheet on the next blank row. I know it's doing what it's doing because of the formula I have for each specific row of columns A, B & C. I'm sure there's a better way.

Appreciate any help!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Upvote 0
I have received an outside solution, but thanks to those who've taken the time to read my question.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back