When i am in cell sheet 1 create a macro button to copy same cell value to same cell in sheet 2 vba

stavrosiona

i am creating an excel worksheet to keep records according orders-deliveries and pending of my customers orders. It has 3 sheets (Order-Deliver i enter values manual, and pending sheet do the reduction from orders to deliver and shows the pending value)
I have a sheet 1 called pending orders. for example in cell b10 says pending 3 (which is basically a formula between sheet Orders- sheet Delivered). The sheet called orders which has in cell b10 value of 10 and sheet delivered had a value of 7 in cell b10. ( I have different values in different cells, so pending sheet shows the result of Order sheet-deliver sheet)

What i want to do is to create a button in the sheet of pending, so when i see that i.e in cell b10 are pending 3 pcs, when i can deliver 1 pcs then to press a button and basically add 1 pc in position b10 in sheet "deliver" so to change tha values from Deliver 7 to deliver 8 and then to make the calculation that pending left 2.
I search through the web, i found Range formulas e.t.c to do this but on all of then the vba has to have specific cell position for example to say: Range("DELIVERED!b10").Value = Range("DELIVERED!b10") + 1
I do not want to set b10, i want to read the active cell of cell i am in sheet 1(pending) and do the calculation for sheet Deliver for the same cell position.
So depends on what cell position i am in penging sheet to make the calculation on the same cell position in sheet Deliver.
Is this possible?
Thanks,
Savros.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
In the example you give : Range("DELIVERED!b10").Value = Range("DELIVERED!b10") + 1, where is the info 1 stored? You don't want to manually enter that info, do you? Without knowing where that info is stored, a macro needs to invoke an input box to get that info.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back