When in Full Screen mode, Windows taskbar sits atop Sheet tabs

Goodwin

Problem encountered on Excel 2000 and 2003

I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure out why, when I'm in Full Screen mode, my Windows taskbar sits atop Excel's sheet tabs. Since I never use Full Screen mode, I never noticed this, but an app I'm developing takes advantage of the benefits of Full Screen mode (i.e., hidden toolbars).

My Windows taskbar is normally locked, and I do not have "Auto-hide the taskbar" checked. I noticed that, if I unlock my taskbar, then re-lock it, the Full Screen mode gets resized to the proper height. While I've found a couple threads on this and other forums, I couldn't find any real resolution. Any help would be much, much appreciated.

VoG

Legend
Why not just hide the toolbars?

Code:
Sub HideCommandbars()
Dim cBar As CommandBar
For Each cBar In CommandBars
     cBar.Enabled = False
Next cBar
End Sub

Goodwin

A fair solution, Peter. However, the idea with the Full Screen mode route is that I don't mess with the user's toolbars. I guess I could track what they had visible, but it seems the Full Screen mode route is the more elegant solution. Nevertheless, I'm still curious as to why my Full Screen mode doesn't size properly. The other threads I found on this issue, in addition to lacking any real resolution, were quite old (early to mid 2000s), so I was hoping someone might know something different all these years later.

Thanks for your quick reply, by the way.

davede

Having the exact same problem.

Using Windows 7.

Can't believe this problem even exists - you'd think the excel team would test the full screen function and resolve the issue.

Anywayz tried the code given above --- works a treat in excel 2003, but doesn't work in excel 2007/2010. It just hides the add-in toolbar - not the ribbon.

Can anyone provide some code that will hide the command bar and/or ribbon upon opening the workbook and then restoring excel to display them when it is closed?

VoG

Legend
Try

Code:
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "Show.Toolbar(""Ribbon"", false)"
Change False to True to restore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_sound

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...